Project Leader (Engineering)
Job – Project Leader (Engineering)
Role: Project Leader in the division of engineering.
Hours: 8.40 am – 5pm Mon – Thursday, 8.40am – 4.30pm Friday (flexibility is key)
Salary: Upto £32, 922.97 per annum dependant on experience
Start date: ASAP
Our client is a prestigious college in the area, with an Ofsted Outstanding review and an excellent local reputation.
We are looking for a Project Leader – Engineering to join the talented and learner focused Business Unit team on a full time, permanent basis.
Working in a varied and interesting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating the Engineering programmes, supporting and guiding a team of approximately three trainer assessors, ensuring that the quality of the provision remains Outstanding.
The ideal candidate will have commercial experience and a passion for supporting apprentices through completion of their qualifications; the successful candidate may be an experienced assessor looking to take a step-up, or someone with a lot of commercial experience, including the delivery of training, who’s looking for a different challenge.
Managing their own caseload, it is vital that the successful candidate demonstrates a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new standards.
Main duties include:
- To co-ordinate, monitor and quality assure the activities of the three members of the programme team including the sharing of information and keeping staff informed of changes in College policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the implementation and monitoring of quality improvement plans.
- To undertake an assessor workload including student recruitment, induction, initial assessment, upkeep of student records and co-ordinating training and assessment activity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in Maths and English (essential)
- Minimum of HND/NVQ L4 qualification in Engineering (essential)
- Completed or be working towards a relevant Assessor Trainer qualification (highly desirable)
- An Electrical Engineering qualification (desirable)
- Commercial experience, ideally within recent history (essential)
- Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications in Engineering or a related area (highly desirable)
- Experience of assessing the quality of Engineering qualifications (highly desirable)
- Clean Driving License (Essential)
- DBS check required upon successful application.
How to apply:
If this sounds like something for you and you have the relevant experience/qualifications please call Josh