- Before entering the warehouse ensure you are wearing the correct PPE as described above.
- Only enter/travel through clearly identified areas. Be aware that there is MHE operating in close proximity to pedestrian areas, although pedestrians do have right of way you must always wait until the MHE operator stops and acknowledges your intentions.
- Only enter the warehouse by way of the pedestrian doors, never attempt to walk through a bay door or a fire exit door (fire exits are to be used only in an emergency situation).
- Always walk, never run! Ensure you give yourself enough time to clock in for the start of your shift allowing you move through the warehouse safely.
- Any person who has impaired vision or hearing must be accompanied in the warehouse by an authorised and trained person.
- Any obstructions to pedestrians/MHE/operational and safety equipment must be cleared immediately, if for any reason this is not possible then this must be reported to the Management/Facilities team. This includes, but is not limited to, pallet trucks, pallets, trolleys and boxes.
- Ensure you are familiar with the fire exits/routes and assembly points, these will be identified to you on your induction, if for some reason you need to be reminded you can speak to your team leader who will clarify for you.
- Boohoo.com operate a ‘clean as you go’ policy, if you see any litter/items on the floor you must deal with them accordingly (if it is safe to do so) and place in the appropriate location (There are clear plastic bags at the end of most aisles).
- Avoid walking through/moving a trolley through any water or spillages, walk around it if safe to do so and report it to the management/facilities team.
- There are numerous signs strategically placed around the site, these will highlight any potential hazards so they must be observed and the instructions followed. If you see another individual failing to acknowledge or adhere to the safety signs in place then you should brief the individual accordingly.
- There are areas within the warehouse dedicated for the housing of MHE and the charging stations, these areas will be clearly marked and should not be entered by any persons unless they have gone through the appropriate training.
- Due to the nature of operations there is a lot of trolley movement in and around the aisles, always be conscious of your surroundings and the fact that trolleys/personnel may be exiting these aisles. To avoid any collision always try and allow plenty of room for the manoeuvring of equipment in these areas.
- Whenever you are using the various stairs located around the site you must walk up/down them and maintain 3 points of contact at all times.
- You must not bring any open drinks/liquids through the warehouse as you can unintentionally cause a slip hazard. If for some reason you do spill any liquid you must make sure you report it, do not leave it for somebody else to report. You can take drinks around with you but they must be in a clear sports bottle and only contain water.
- Do not tamper or use any equipment on the site unless you have been trained on that piece of equipment and signed off as competent on said equipment.
- Whilst moving on the upper floors, do not lean over the railings or pass items through the railings.
- The railings are not resting points and therefore should be treated as such.
- There are ‘pallet gates’ at various points along the mezzanine floors, be aware of these points and ensure you have sufficient head room when passing.