Monday – Friday 8.30am–5pm
£25,000 – £32,000
Our client specialises in property management covering the North West. They are currently looking to expand their current team in their Blackburn office with an experienced and ambitious Assistant Accountant. You will be supporting the Accountant and Management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintaining reports
- Completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills and accounts payable/receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Completing financial reports and providing information to the finance team
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day to day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Reconciling inter-company loans and transactions
- Posting daily receipts
- Completing the year end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgets tasks
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Proficient with SAGE 50 and Microsoft Office Suite and intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Data Entry
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation, Competent IT Skills
- Strong Bookkeeping Skills
- Knowledge of business maths
- Strong written and oral communication
- AAT or similar bookkeeping or Accountancy qualification
The client is looking for an experienced, reliable and confident accounts person who is committed and ambitious to develop within their expanding company which offers career progression.
For a confidential discussion contact Nicki Roberts @ Ideal recruit Burnley or apply online
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants only those who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted, please take a look at our website for other positions available.