Rate of pay £13.33 – £16.00 / hour – negotiable dependant on experience
Hours – Full Time – 39 hours / week
7.30am – 4.30pm Mon – Thurs,
7.30am – 12.30pm Fri
- Experience of building and assembling brand new machinery, working with stainless steel.
- Experience and ability in reading and understanding mechanical detail and assembly drawings.
- Experience of mechanical fault-finding down to component level.
- Have a good understanding of electro-mechanical, thermal and conveyor systems and experience in assembling and setting such systems.
- Experience of sheet metal fitting and assembly.
- Capable of using engineering machinery such TIG Welding equipment (desirable not essential).
- Proven experience of working as a Mechanical Fitter within an Engineering / Manufacturing / Automotive environment
- Capable of providing build-time estimations to aid in project planning.
- Self-starting and proactive with an eye for detail.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of assembling special purpose machinery.
- Experience of assembling automation equipment and machinery, particularly for the food industry.
- HNC/D qualified or Time Served Mechanical Fitter.
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Technical Director.
- Work independently and as part of the team to meet project delivery dates.
- Required to read and interpret engineering drawings to build special purpose machinery.
- Making adjustments where required.
- May be required to use various engineering machinery (eg TIG Welder) during builds.
- Responsible for reporting issues/shortages/delays etc. during assembly, to the Technical Director
- Work in a clean and tidy manner.
If you’re interested please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ideal Recruit Burnley 01282 430 138.
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants only those who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted, please take a look at our website for other positions available.