We are seeking a candidate for a Sales officer in a well-established, respected Company of long standing based in Preston. The role is in a small, busy sales team working alongside a full suite of Design and Manufacturing Teams
The job specification requires the candidate to demonstrate the following skills:
Present, promote and sell products to existing and prospective customers through telephone and email channels with some on site visits where appropriate.
- Interpret, produce and process orders with consistent accuracy and within tight timescales.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Develop new customer contacts through contact development, including ‘cold-calling’ where appropriate.
- Expedite the resolution of customer concerns and complaints to maximise satisfaction whilst recognising the needs of the business.
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with other departments to ensure the smooth processing of orders through to delivery to the customer.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of sales performance
- Strong pc skills in a range of systems, including MS Office functions. A knowledge of Sage 200 and website administration is an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
- High personal motivation and an ability to embrace and achieve goals
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and organisation skills
- An ability to deal with customer complaints and conflict and prioritise sound solutions that meet the needs of the customer and the business
- Proven record of establishing strong relationships and ongoing relationship management skills
Salary £21000-25000 per annum Depending on Experience
Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday with some weekend working including attendance at sporting events to promote and sell company products. It is expected that out of hours working may be required on occasions