£26,000 – £29,000
Ideal Recruit are looking to find an experienced Traffic Planner/Operator to join our client’s busy team in Carrington, Manchester. The ideal person will ensure that the movement of products are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To ensure that customer deliveries are planned in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To effectively utilise drivers, vehicles and sub-contractors; liaising and taking into consideration all company sites when doing so.
- Ensure that all elements of the job are communicated effectively to all personnel, especially drivers and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that Drivers are supplied with appropriate delivery documentation.
- To be aware of driver status in respect of delays or hold-ups; to monitor and track customer deliveries and KPIs to ensure service level agreements and delivery on time are achieved.
- Responsible for the input and maintenance of the traffic management system – with accuracy of detail to allow for accurate invoicing processes.
- Ensure a complete handover is available for next oncoming shift.
- To allocate work in accordance with current Operating Licence legislation, and ensure all vehicle and trailer services are completed on time meeting compliance requirements.
- Effectively manage the balance between own fleet and third party sub-contractors and liaise with Accounts to maintain an effective payment schedule, based on own customer Vs contractor payments
- Ensure that customer enquiries are dealt with in a professional, timely and competent manner
- To ensure that Communication channels are open and maintained with other internal departments and customers
- Provide sickness and holiday cover for colleagues in the department.
- Undertake any additional tasks when requested to support the Senior Management team on site
- All employees are expected to adhere to company rules and procedures and act in a professional manner
- All employees are responsible for health safety of themselves and others around them and therefore should ensure that safety regulations are adhered to.
- Undertake any training required to fulfil the role in a competent and safe manner, as directed by the Company
- Any other duties as directed by the company for which you are suitably qualified
- Experience of working within Transport/Traffic Office and vehicle planning
- Experience of Supermarket Distribution centres
- Numerate and P.C. Literate
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and “think on feet” as fast moving environment
- Flexible and reliable in approach to work
For a confidential discussion contact Nicki Roberts @ Ideal Recruit Burnley or apply online
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants only those who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted, please take a look at our website for other positions available.