Ideal Recruit are currently looking for an experienced Workshop Engineer to join our client in Runcorn’s growing team. Forklift experience is essential for this role.
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks. Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology
- Experience of Electrical and engine forklifts.
- Have a minimum of 2 years forklift engineer experience.
- Able to work in a highly productive dynamic environment which is rapidly expanding and seeing major growth in the marketplace.
For a confidential discussion contact Nicki Roberts @ Ideal Recruit Burnley or apply online
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants only those who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted, please take a look at our website for other positions available.